Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet!

I love this outfit on Keira. Little dogs are on the dress and the matching tights are too cute! She also had 2 clips with dogs in her hair that she took out at church. Brock had a cowboy hat that matches his outfit but wouldn't wear it long. He also tried boots this morning for the first time and was not to happy about them. So, he ended up wearing his brown shoes. Last night I was walking to the bedroom and passed Keira, who came up from downstairs (where Brandon and Brock were) and out of the blue she asks me if I would like to pray with her. I immediately put down the laundry and did not want to miss the opportunity. I went to the living room and we got down on our knees and I asked if she wanted to pray first. She said "Yes" and she bowed her little head and bent over and started praying what was on her heart. I could have cried, it was so sweet! This is what she prayed : Thank You God for Brock, that Daddy was off to work ( in her grammar, this means he is off of work), that mommy went off to run ( I had went to run earlier), thanked God for Mamaw and Papaw, Crystal and Tyson, Wade, Pam, and Allie-cat, she left off J-Ray (oops) , she also thanked God for JJ (my brother Jared), for Grammie Em and Gary where they are right now ( they are in Lake Tahoe and we have been praying for safe travel for them) and she ended it on that. I then asked if I could pray for her. She said "Sure" and we bowed again. I layed my hands on her little back and prayed for my child. Another moment I hope I never forget :) All the times I have felt like I am not praying enough or telling them enough about the Lord, or showing them Christs love, God took an opportunity to show me that even though I do stumble in this area, that she is learning and listening and I pray that the lord will continue to have His hand on her and guide her. Thank You God!!! Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Casey said...

Kandi that is so sweet! I love it that she asked you to pray with her! What a great opportunity we have as parents to teach our children about the Lord! Thanks for sharing!

Renea said...

That is terrific. Praying with our children is such a great honor and a great responsibility. We just need to be so thankful that we have this wonderful opportunity to enter the throne room of God with our children. I know that much of the time I am not thankful enough for that honor.

Rachel said...

Oh Kandi, this made me tear up. How sweet!