Thursday, November 06, 2008

Dentist

Well we made our second ever trip to the dentist this morning and boy was it bad!!!!! Terrible!!!!!! Brandon took the day off and went with me - He vowed " Never again" The dentist was only able to look at each child's teeth and no cleaning or x-rays. This trip was worse than 6 months ago. It took 3 of us to hold Brock down b/c I was holding Keira in my lap and trying to get her to stop crying. Brock was bucking and screaming. Then, Keira's turn. She was terrible! Screaming at the top of her lungs - her crying actually enabled the dentist to look at her teeth with his mirror and other tool. She gets up and is wailing and saying "I am never coming back" I thought Brandon was going to snap! HA!!! Welcome to my world, honey. She finally calmed down and we got good reports on both. I asked if we could sedate them, but the dentist didn't really laugh or comment. I was half kidding and I think given that option, we would do it. Brandon asked him if other kids are this bad and the response was kinda like not really, but it will get better. Don't sugarcoat us doc, we know how are kids are and you don't have to try and make us feel better. HA!! They did receive a token to get a prize out of the machine - which made them happy. Then, Keira couldn't wait to go to school. Our appointments were at 9 and 9:30 and we left that office at 9:07. We did arrive about 10 minutes early, but still. Glad we could keep him on schedule! So off to school and then enjoy the rest of the day. I only wish I had this on video or pics to share and show my kids one day what they put us through at medical visits. Photobucket

3 comments:

Tothblog said...

Oh, Kandi, that is so funny. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but you will look back and laugh one day. I dread the dentist. We haven't ventured there yet!

Renea said...

I know that was not funny to you at the time, but one day it will be. The first time Alyssa went to the dentist, she cooperated beautifully. The next time, they barely got a look at her teeth, and the hygienist got a bit frustrated with her. The next time was great. So, you never know how they are going to respond. It is always so much fun, isn't it?

The Clifton Family said...

Wow. That is hilarious... not really, but yes, it is. Surprisingly, Garrett does so well at the dentist that he begs to go back even when it isn't time. We shall see with child #2, though. He is all-together a different breed. Renea is right, you never know how they will act. All we can do is be prepared for the worst all the time!