Friday, November 21, 2008

Indian Outfit

Brandon and I began Tuesday evening for over 2 hours trying to "create" an Indian outfit for Awanas and school. We got pretty frustrated with Keira, because she would not try anything on and would not let us see what the headband or sash looked like. We even told her how blessed she is to have parents that want to do this for her and take the time, etc. Did she care? Not really :) I told her I would trade her for another little girl who would be happy that her daddy spent more than an hour after work looking for certain items and then trying to fix a costume, but she didn't seem to mind. I know she is only 3, but geez, she is a hard-head. We then said we were finished and would not make it or make it and give it to someone else, that got her attention ( for a few minutes). The thing that really got to her, was that Santa is watching and if she doesn't obey, he may not bring a beauty shop. LOL We stopped working on it and then I couldn't stand it any longer, I began cutting and cutting. Brandon laughed saying it looked like a shark attack, but I had a vision! We called Mamaw to see if she would help us the following day. She did and with a couple suggestions and more cutting- it turned out quite cute. Keira helped glue the beads on and the feathers. Brock tried to help, try is the key word.
We made it to Awanas with the outfit on except the headpiece. She refused to wear it. Wed. afternoon I made Brock a headpiece and he wore it to church. He was so funny!!!
I am really getting interested in this creative stuff and would love to learn to sew - just finding the time is the hard part right now. Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments: