Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Morning

Today is "school" day for Keira and when she woke up this morning, first words out of her mouth was, "I don't want to go to school." Just kept repeating this and then the tears came. I talked to her, but it did not help at all. I started getting "Will you stay with me all day" and "I want to stay home," so I dressed her anyways and somehow got her in the car. She had calmed down a little by this point. I told her I put a surprise in the lunchhbox (I made the letter K shaped sandwich for her) and would bring her a treat when I pick her up. My heart was breaking by this point and I wanted to give in and keep her home. In the car, she was not to bad, but started complaining of a bellyache, I am thinking surely she hasn't already figured out the "I'm sick and don't feel like going" phrase, but sure enough she has. I didn't say too much about that and continued to drive. We arrive and she puts on her raincoat and no crying. We get to the classroom and it starts again, clinging to me, crying, making the worst sad face I have ever seen and I am about to cry with her this time. Ms. Kim talks to her and reassures her I will come back. Meanwhile, Brock is pointing at a giraffe and looking around at all the fun things to destroy. If only he could get out of my arms, I imagine this is what must be running through his little mind. Keira finally kisses me and lets go, and she really wasn't crying anymore. I leave and I cannot stop the tears from coming. I hurry to the car, since 3 mthers were talking at the entrance of the building and I did not want anyone to see me crying. Silly, isn't it? But my heart is breaking and I began questioning whether or not I have made a good choice in this matter, I feel terrible about leaving her, but realize if I had given in to her, it would only be worse each school day. I loaded Brock and paused and prayed for my little girl, that the Lord would comfort her and help her throught the day. Photobucket

1 comment:

Renea said...

I know that had to be hard. I hope her day (and yours) went well.