Thursday, August 28, 2008

Keira

Brandon learned last night from our neighbor (her daughter-in-law is Keira's teacher at Morrison Hill) that on Tuesday they had a breakthrough at school and everyone was thrilled. I didn't know what to think b/c the teacher always said Keira was doing well and had good days, and liked to help her with the other kids ( I took that as she likes to boss), but she really is a good helper. My neighbor assumed Ms.Kim had told me at school, but she didn't. Not that she is a disruptive or trouble making child but this is what she told Brandon. I just get so cracked up............ Keira finally smiled Tuesday, at some point during the day, and it caused quite a scene. All the other kids noticed she had smiled and one of them said "Look, Keira is happy" and they all went to give her hugs. Now, for 3yr olds to observe and take notice of her behavior and demeanor, then it must have been pretty unpleasant the past couple weeks. HA!! However, Keira did not hug them back, although the teacher observed that she seemed happy about it. Everyone was thrilled!! We also learned that they stopped using the words - nap, sleep, or rest- b/c this upset Keira and she cried, so now instead of rest (nap) time they sit and look at books queitly. All b/c Keira got so upset over thinking she had to rest w/o me. It got to the point she wouldn't eat lunch, sine nap time was not long after that. Brandon told our neighbor that Keira has a different personality than the typical toddler, but she said they just assumed she was comfortable at home and not at school, yet. HA! If they only knew how long it took her to get "comfortable" at church with her teachers and kids. So this entire time she has been going I guess she has not should any emotion much or even talked much. But Praise the Lord this morning she actually said she wanted to go to school, so my mom and I dropped her off, and she never cried or whined the first time, gave us kisses and we left. Now, ny mother thinks it is b/c she went with us, whatever............:) Keira is a melancholy temperment and is just like me in this regard. If you have ever studied the 4 temperments then you understand what I am talking about. I may have to do some posts on these, it is very interesting and it helps to understand some people when you see what their temperment is. I understand Keira and how she thinks, until I get comfortable in a new surrounding or around new people, I am not that crazy about the situation either. And most people think I am snobby b/c I am quiet and am not outgoing. I am an introvert and have a hard time striking up conversation with new people. I am not the type, for example, that can sit in a waiting room and just begin a conversation and talk and talk. However, I am working on that. It is completely out of my comfort zone. I would rather go in, do my thing, and leave and not be noticed. I don't like the limelight, so to speak. I could be invisible and be happy :) I also am happy with my inner circle of family and a few close friends, and feel content with that. I am not one who seeks approval from others. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy meeting new friends or talking to people, I just am comfortable with whom I know at the current time. Yes, this may sound mixed up but once you look at the characteristics of the temperments it all makes sense. I may look for my notes on these and post some on it. I just know God made me this way for a reason and I am learning to trust Him and pray that I can open up my comfort zone to be a better witness for Him. Photobucket

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love the picture of the kids in the lawn chairs. It is too cute!
Pam