Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beauty Shop

Keira and I played beauty shop while Brock was asleep yesterday morning. Although the first pic looks like she was miserable, she really enjoyed this. It was her idea - okay, not rolling her hair, that was my deal. She was worried they would be too hot, so I only warmed them up and then she wouldn't let them stay in long enough. Then, I got the bright idea to use a curling iron on her. She actually sit for a few minutes, but not long enough for me to finish the job. She was more determined to be the hairstylist and fix my hair. Needless to say, I sat in the floor while she "curled" my hair. She then rubbed my feet with foot cream and put lotion all over me. What a girl - she loves to put clips in my hair and spray stuff in it, much to my dismay. She doesn't realize when I tell enough spray - she wants it her way. Imagine that!! She is at school right now and I have to go pick her up in about 30 minutes, it is only 5 minutes from the house. I really struggled this morning leaving her b/c she was crying so hard and clinging to me. It broke my heart and I just wanted to give in and say forget it, she is coming home. I even thought maybe I made a mistake sending her this year, she did just turn 3. It was all I could do not to break down myself and cry. The teacher took her and was holding her as I left. Funny thing is, Brock would love to stay. I couldn't put him down because then I would have 2 kids crying. One to stay and one to go. I know down deep this will be good for her, but I cannot bear the thought of her being so upset over leaving her, even though she has a wonderful time and is great all day after I leave. Homeschool crosses my mind at times, but being a PE teacher throws that out the window. I would have trouble being still and teaching at home all day. I would rather be playing with them and besides my academic skills in certain subjects are not that great. Just ask my husband about my grammer and certain vocabulary words. HA!! Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tara said...

I used to love the play beauty shop with my Mom, but of course I ALWAYS wanted to be the beautician! The rollers look so cute on her! Have fun!