Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nights 4-6

Brock is doing ok at night, although from 2-4 last night he kept waking up every 20 minutes or so.. then he slept till 8. Naptime today was rough - morning nap he fought and fought, I let him cry it out during the day and go in every 10 -15 minutes. This afternoon it took about an hour, he wasn't really crying, just whining and sitting up. I took Keira to nap and while laying with her he gave it up. Tonight I begin the 4th night. I will move my chair to the doorway and stay in it as much as possible and making "shh" sound as little as possible. Hopefully after two nights of this I will stay out in the hallway. Kids get ritualized easy and that is why the book suggest a change every 3 nights or less if possible. So hopefully by night 7 or 8 he will be on his own. My only concern now is that he has caught Keira's cold and I don't want him to suffer when he feels yucky! I think about the cry it out method and basically that is what nap time is, but since I have started this method I plan on sticking it out, if it doesn't work by the next week or so , then I will switch to it.

No comments: