Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 27



July 27 was Keira's actual birthday. I started a birthday tradition in the Leffew home. Each year I am going to decorate the kids door so when they wake up, this is the first thing they see and will know it is their special day. I assumed Keira would be thrilled, but when we went to wake her up to start getting ready for church, she got up and walked towards the door and burst out in tears. I couldn't beleive it. She said something (probably not anything nice) but I couldn't make it out. I then had to hold her for a few minutes and she calmed down and was fine. Maybe it scared her or she wasn't completely awake, not sure what happened. Oh well! Brock liked it!
After church we had all the grandparents along with Uncle Tim and Aunt She-She over for cake and ice cream. Keira was so sweet and enjoyed all the company. She was delighted to have another day of singing and blowing out candles. We had to sing 2x. She also loves to serve people -making sure everyone had a piece of cake.



For whatever reason 3 is bittersweet for me. Maybe because she will be going to "school" in a couple weeks and that she seems so grown up to an extent. Then I start thinking kindergarten is only 2 years off and that really makes me sad. I have so enjoyed being at home with her and it will be hard on me to even let her go twice a week to school this year. But I know it will benefit her more than anything. Plus, it gives Brock and I some alone time. So that is a positive.



Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments: