Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday

Church this morning was AWESOME!!! We had a total of 115 in attendance with 12 people missing due to vacations or work. So, we will be starting GRACE COMMUNITY with a great number. Which if you look around Roane County, that is more than alot of churches have that have been established for years. Not that numbers matter, but starting out from scratch, it was good to see. Our fellowship was sweet and you could feel the love of Christ around us all. Brother Paul had an excellent sermon and our music was good. We even had a baptism in the lake! Praise the Lord!!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hey Kandi! I just read your post about Shiloh...I too was saddened when I heard there was dissension going on...BUT PRAISE THE LORD that you guys had an AWESOME first Sunday on your own...let me tell you that for the first time in my Christian life I am in a pure Church...not a cultural Church were people just come because it is the thing to do while they do not really love or follow Christ in their daily lives. And it is AMAZING! We LOVE it and going there is so refreshing...everyone is genuine...not perfect but striving for godliness in Christ. This reminds me of that verse that Joseph says in Genesis where he says to his brothers, "while you meant it for harm God meant it for good." That is paraphrase from my memory...but now you can really be in the REAL Church with the redeemed instead of a Church that is corrupted by the world and doing what the world wants instead of what Christ says...I did not know Brother Paul except that he performed my nieces funeral in August and Jon and I were very much stunned at the service...We were kind of afraid but were so blessed that he was so right on in what he said and how he presented the gospel. You all have a man of God leading you who is not afraid to stand on Christ and the Word so I know that God has plans for your Church! I am sorry you had to go through the struggle but I know the future is going to be so much better for you guys! I am a part of a Church plant here in Louisville and let me tell you that with 100 people that truly love the Lord you are stronger than a Church that might have 500 that are there just socially. Praise the Lord and I will make sure to pray for you guys as you are on the journey of planting a Church!