Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday

I have not taken many pics this week - don't know why, just one of those weeks. I have so many ups and downs the past few weeks, that one could say I was distracted from pictures. Some of the ups the past week include - last saturday evening I had 3 friends come over for a girls night (no husbands, no kids) which was awesome. I had such a great time and it was something we each needed. I hope we can make it a regular event. My babies are always my bright spots - the things they are learning, the looks they give me, the hugs and kisses I receive, make everything seem like it will be okay when we are going through a trial. My grandfather, there was an article in the Knoxville News-Sentinel yesterday, got to take a trip to DC honoring World War 2 veterans on Wed. What an awesome occasion and as I read the article, he was mentioned and it gave a little background info, I started crying. Not sure why...maybe tears of joy, tears from his response to a question a lady asked him, tears of saddness over what he witnessed (it is not something he has ever shared), tears of happiness over how proud I am of him. The downside of the past few weeks has been over our church and what transpired. I have seen such an ugly side of people who say they are Christians but did not act in any such manner. I have seen women who are suppose to be my examples of a Christian woman yell in people's faces, screaming inside the church building, so angry that I thought they may explode. I have lost all respect for some people. I have no ill feelings or hatred toward anyone but am saddened at how Satan has used them in his plot. I pray that the blinders will be removed. I have seen families torn apart, heard unbelievable rumors about what our preacher was supposedly saying in the pulpit, I have felt tension and oppression inside our church building, I have seen people befriending others to win a vote, people turning church into what they believe and what they want, not what God wants or what His word says. Wed. night it came to a conclusion and our pastor has chosen to leave and we are starting a new church. Yes, people say we are following the pastor, but that is not true. He was approached about beginning a new church and he accepted, it was not like he said okay I am leaving and you all follow me. The opposition group got what they wanted and if they choose to not believe in the Doctrines of Grace, so be it, but as for me and my family, we will obey God's word and believe every word in the Bible. I have enough to answer for before the Lord and I don't want to answer why I rebelled against Him during this time. But, oh the joy of being in a pure church, being a sovereign grace church, and the opportunity that may be in store to reach others. Only God knows what tomorrow holds, and this church may not make it -but we are willing and able to work. It will be a hard road to begin a new church from scratch, but if God is for us - who can be against us? We are even having a service tomorrow on the lake and I am so excited about that, to walk into a service and not wonder what is going to happen or be said, or what looks we might receive, just simply to go and worship My Redeemer, and to surrender it all to Him and lean on His arms. Oh Glory! What an Awesome God we serve and how humbling to think He chose us before the foundation of the world for this moment. Knowing I could never do enough good works, that apart from Him I am nothing, that my sinful flesh would not seek him, unless He chose to call me. Praise the Lord! Jesus is King and I will never back down on this. Nothing can separate us from Him - try as they may. There has been so many positives come out of this situation and one thing I am certian is that all the supporters who are leaving Shiloh have become bold and will do what is necessary to defend the Word. Thank You Lord for this strength when a few years ago I would have put my tail between my legs and run.

1 comment:

The Clifton Family said...

I hate that this has happened to your church family, but it seems that there could be a lot of good coming from it. I will pray for you all and your new church to grow and become what God wants it to be.