Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Thankful!

Brock woke this morning at 7 (finally sleeping through the nights now) and after his usual cup of milk, we went to Brandon's bed and laid back down.   He went back to sleep (I am wide awake) and by this point he is nestled against my back with both hands in my hair.  Both my kids are hair twirlers, and I mean serious hair twirlers.   I was listening to his breathing in the quiet of the morning.  I began to pray for him.   The verse Children are a gift from God kept popping up in my head.  No matter how many times during a day I get upset or think I could scream, these 2 kids are a gift from God and I have been blessed beyond measure.  I looked at the clock and it was 7:30, my thought then turned to thanking the Lord that I am privileged to stay at home each and every day.  I thought if I was still teaching, I would be leaving for school right about now and not be able to enjoy snuggling with my baby.   And my kids would be in some "strangers" care at a daycare all day.  Words can't even express how I feel that I don't have to leave them with others.   These moments are precious and there will come a day when my kids probably will not want to snuggle in the mornings.   Around 7:45 Keira wakes and joins us.  She has no plan on going back to sleep, but cuddles right up to me on my other side.  Again, a flood of emotions come.  At this moment I feel complete peace and utter joy as the 3 of us snuggle and just enjoy each other's company.   I think about the fact that no matter what age you are a mother's hugs never get old, I still love getting hugs from my mom and mother-in-love.   A mother's hug brings peace, love, encouragement, and assurance among other things, that no matter what happens, you will always have that one person to lean on and love you in this world.  I thank the Lord again for my gifts.
By 8 Keira has woke up Brock and the quiet, peaceful moments, turn into more of a WWE wrestling match as the kids are jumping on my head and all around.  We play for a few minutes until they start getting very hyper and Brock begins slapping me across the head.  I break up our little party before someone gets hurt and just like that our day begins.  I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Photobucket

No comments: