Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Goodbye "Baby"

As many as you know, Brock has slept with "baby" as he calls it, for 10 months. In case you don't know the story - I was sleeping with him when he began having ear infections last winter and then I decided that I was not doing this again, since I am still in the bed with Keira. Not making the samw mistake twice. Anyway, I had kept this hair extension that I had bought years ago. Both of my kids are hair twirlers when they sleep. I gave this to Brock and he took to it. Well, this past weekend when we had the stomach virus, "baby" got so much vomit and poopie on it, that finally we had had enough, we were over washing it and it was starting to fall apart somewhat. So, after he threw up at 2 am one morning I throwed it in the trash. I slept with him in Brandon's bed and he was asking for it. The next morning ( it was kinda pitiful) he was walking around the house searching for baby. He asked for it throughout the day and at bedtime. He was more attached than I realized. So, he has gone without 2 days now. He has woken up some during naps and I peek in and he was looking around his crib today and then finally laid back down. I may take him to build-a-bear and let him pick out a new "baby" Brandon doesn't want him to have another wig, so.............Goodbye Baby and Thank You for all your comfort Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mamaw Leffew said...

Makes me want to cry--"Baby" had become one of us...Mamaw Leffew

The Clifton Family said...

That is very sad, but I agree with dad on this one--it was time. At least he is still sleeping without it. It has served its purpose well!

Renea said...

Poor thing! I know that's hard. I can't imagine if we didn't have "More Bear" here. I hope he is at least over the stomach virus.

The Deakins said...

can't say i don't blame Brandon on the "wig" either! Thats pretty funny though. yeah, Johnny took away paci while I was in Reno for a work trip for a week. I knew that I couldn't do it. It didn't bother me for him to have it, so Johnny did it. he'd probably still have it now!!! Guess thats why they say parenting is such a big partnership! Love build a bear idea! make sure its a soft one, not too much fluffing!