Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

Where has this week gone? It flew by for me. We had 6 different stops on our agenda for Christmas. It all began last Sunday at my mom's house and then the following few pics show where we went. I finally had time this evening to sit and blog some. I had so many pics to look through and organize. I love Christmas time and love the family time. We had such a great time this yr with everyone. But more importantly, the Reason for the Season, is what makes everything so special. Where would we be without Jesus!! We have been on the go all week, literally from here to there. The kids had a blast but I think it was a bit overwhelming at times, with the lack of rest. But we wouldn't trade the memories for anything. We always leave a house and say why don't we get together more often? Nothing is better than spending time together with family and all the laughs. We tried to stress to Keira how blessed she is (and Brock) to have so many people who love them and care for them. We tell her not many kids receive the amount of gifts they do, and she did say she wanted to help other children. I am overwhelmed at all they receive and it is amazing the outpouring of love for my children. I only hope they will be as generous to family and others as they have been shown in their little lives so far. I could go on and on........but I hear daddy upstairs about ready to bang his head on the wall as it is bedtime and he is getting Keira out of the tub and Brock is trying to get back into the tub. LOL The joy of toddlers never stops!!!! Photobucket

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow! You all had a packed Christmas. Looks like the events were spread out enough for some breathing room in between, though.
We too have been reminding Braden that he is blessed to have so many people who love him and care for him and buy him gifts from the heart. I don't think Santa will last much longer with him - we can already see the doubts in his head...and we focused so much on the true meaning of Christmas that he started thinking (and asking somewhat), "so what does Santa have to do with Jesus?". He actually asked if Santa and Jesus were the same - because they see and know everything about him - try answering that on a 5 year old level!!! I told him that they were NOT the same and that Jesus and His father God were the all-knowing ones and then I dropped it. He usually asks Elik the hard questions! I was caught off guard!