Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beginning of Mother's Day

Mother's Day morning began with my hubby getting breakfast for us and the kids giving me cards and flowers. I always love seeing their little faces when they give me gifts. They are just precious. Brock always asks "Do you love it?"
Time to get ready for church, we had missed sunday school due to sleeping late, and when it came time to get shoes on for Keira, the bad attitude began. She is having some issues with fashion and we don't see eye to eye on this subject. She needed to wear white shoes with her dress and of course, she wanted to wear black. I said "no" and then it started, the "these shoes hurt." Whatever! She just wore them to school the other day and never once complained. I told her to go find another pair of white shoes and she did, and once again complained. I know they do not hurt as they are a little big on her. Mommy and Daddy won this battle. I did not even put her hair up as I was so frustrated with her. Sunday mornings are some of our toughest mornings and I honestly think it stems from Satan. As a Christian, he wants us to fail, wants us to get so upset that we say "Just forget church this morning" and I have uttered these words several mornings.
After church, we went to Papaw and Mamaw Leffew. We attempted to take pictures and Keira again had a terrible attitude. I seem to never have any mother's day pictures with my kids. Brock did get his picture made with the grandparents, and then I was over it. She can easily ruin the moment with her attitude. With Keira we really have to keep her in line. Majority of the time she is sweet and obeys. But, in those moments that she thinks she is the boss and can be so rude and disrespectful, we have to bring her back down a notch. I know this will pay off as she gets older as we have seen progress in her the past year.
So, one day I can show her the above picture and we will laugh (hopefully). Happy Mother's Day to me!!
Photobucket

No comments: