Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Awana Awards Night

On May 5, we had Awana awards night at church. Keira completed her second year of Cubbies and finished her book. She did so well memorizing Scripture and I began putting verses on the white board in our kitchen, so both kids will have a verse each week to memorize. I think this is very important to begin this early as you can so they can begin to have God's Word in their hearts and minds and that these verses stay with them. Keira amazes me at her recall and how she can memorize something so quickly. Seems like it takes me a lot longer to memorize things, maybe it is age or that I don't feel like I use enough brain power since I don't work outside the home anymore :)
I had the opportunity to be the Puggles teacher. This is the first yr we had this class in Awanas. It is for 2 yr olds. What an experience, and my biggest challenge was keeping them still long enough to do a 5 minute lesson. HA!! Brock and Kiersten were my only 2 Puggles, but 2 was plenty to start out with. Next yr, the number will increase. Puggles are full of energy, full of love, and full of fun! We spent half our lessons on creation and learned the simple facts of God made animals, God made trees, God made sun, etc and God made me!
Photobucket

No comments: