Thursday, June 18, 2009

Busy, Busy

Just like the busy train table above, so has this week been. We have made trips to Chuck E Cheese, didn't take the camera this time, really how many pics can u have of this place. Brock went to his 2 yr check-up and all is well. He is not eating well at all, and I honestly don't know how he is growing at the rate he does. If I didn't see with my own eyes that he weighs 30 pounds, I wouldn't beleive it. He is tall and in the 83% and his head is still large ranking in the 95%. I felt bad telling the nurse he gets 0 sefvings of fruits, veggies, and maybe 1 serving of meats. I do give him a nutrition drink and hope to start vitamins and try the V8 Fusion drink. Dr. Blevins thinks he will grow out of this. We have also discovered he is allergic to some dogs, not all dogs considering we are surrounded by them in our neighborhood and Brock hugs them. So far, a pug and some kind of terrier dog have caused him to break out and his eye was swollen almost shut last week. After his check-up, we ran some errands and I was more of a referree than anything. We then went to a magic show at the library that afternoon before nap. Keira was so good and was into the show. Brock was trying to wrestle sissy and was up running around. He is rotten! I would tap his booty and tell him to sit down and even pulled him into my lap several times, but he was wired. I have really contemplated sending him to "school" this fall for several reasons. Today, Mamaw and I took the kids to Splash Country and had a good time. We seemed to get in trouble by the lifeguards everywhere we went. Don't let the kids up there, he can't sit on the tube that way. Then, this momma bear was about to get some older boys at one place. Brock doesn't like to be splashed or sprayed int he face and they kept shooting him as we would walk by to go to the slide. I almost came unglued on them, because my son is screaming and they kept laughing at him. They may have had a bigger momma bear, but get me fired up and I can be a grizzly when it comes to my kids. Brock and Keira loved the waterslides and kept going and going. Needless to say Mamaw and I were busy. We did have a meltdown as we hurriedly got changed to get to the car before the storm came, they wanted to wear their bathing suits home and I tried to explain why it wasn't a good idea. They didn't understand and momma bear lost patience. We did make it to the car before the lightining started and pouring rain. They did end up with clothes on and I am learning to stop arguing with Keira and trying to reason and just make her do. As my hubby tells me, I cater too much to them and their wants. Part of the problem is me. They were wired tonight after napping in the car less than an hour, and finally calmed down long enough for baths and then bed. Ahh, peace and quiet. Good night!!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments: