Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Grandmother

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns this past week. My grandmother is slowly getting worse and the pain meds are hleping her rest better. She is sleeping majority of the time, but still likes to hold our hands. There is not too many minutes that go by that someone isn't holding her sweet hand. I did notice yesterday afternoon her grip wasn't as strong. I know the Lord will take her when the time is right, but it is so hard to watch this process. It consumes my thoughts most of the day. My grandfather told her the other day that it was okay to not fight anymore, that he was letting her go. So hard for him!!! We sat the other day and he was talking about how empty the house is when he goes at night. My dad and his siblings make him go home at night and they rotate spending the nights. She is never left alone. Please prayer for my grandfather as he will face difficult days ahead. I pray that he doesn't get depressed and that our family can rally around him. I haven't been to their house since she has been in the hospital, but I am sure it will be difficult walking in that first time w/o her sweet face to see. I am okay with the fact that she will be leaving this world soon, knowing that one day I will see her again. But my heart still hearts for the time being. Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

Having just went through this myself this past year I completely know what you are going through. Your heart aches for your beloved grandmother who is leaving this earth and you also have to watch as her widow is mourning as well. Having to watch my grandmother go through this has been hard. It is getting a little better, but her mind/memory is going downhill as well. We arent sure if it is because of the stress of her loss or the disease itself. I still miss my grandfather so much and to have to go and visit the house without him there just tears me up. I will pray for you and your family that the memories and love you have will sustain you through this tough time.