Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Some tidbits of info

I forgot to post some things that have happened recently.blame it on my scattered brain at the current time. Anyways.......Brock got his first pair of shoes last week and yes I have a pic, but I don't feel like scanning it in tonight. Stride Rite was kind enough to take a pic since I forgot my camera. He was so funny! We got the stage 3 shoes, which are a little bit heavier, and he was high stepping in them. I think he will be walking soon, maybe not, but today he has learned to balance w/o holding onto anything. Still cruising along well too. Sat. evening after his bath, he received his first haircut- again, no camera. I did this at my mom's house and we both cut on his hair. It was getting way to long in the back and curling upwards. Keira has been such a battle everyday with her attitude, moods, back-talking, and just plain hateful. I think some people have it wrong about the terrible two's b/c it looks like the age of three is going to be terrible, and it is not from lack of discipline, I could beat her silly and she would still give me a terrible look or back talk me. She tells me " You are mean" and points a finger at me. Then she might turn around the next minute and be sweet as sugar. You never know what is coming next. I honestly think some of this is attention problems due to having a baby brother. She says she is a baby and has actually gone and put on diapers. She wants to be fed from her cup by Brandon or me at night. Once Brock is down for naps, she is fine. And when she spends the day with the grandparents by herself, good as gold. Other things also lead me to believe this is all due to having a sibling and sharing the spotlight, which she isn't too thrilled about.

2 comments:

Tothblog said...

Most of my friends agree that 3 is worse than 2! I have a feeling we will be experiencing a lot of the same behavior before long. If you figure out how to correct it, please pass along.

Rachel said...

I download "Focus on the Family" broadcasts on my Ipod and listen to them when I walk. I listened to a couple of good programs today and thought of you. The guest was Juli Ann Barnhill and I think the name of the program was "Confident strength of a mother". "Focus" is a great resource for all kinds of Christian topics, but they especially have good ones for mothers of small children. You can down load the broadcasts free. Check them out! Juli Ann's book is called "One Tough Mother". You can check it out at www.focusonthefamily.com

Hang in there, mothering is the most important job you'll ever do! And you are doing a good job!!