Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Brock!!


Where has the past year gone? I cannot get over that my little man is 1 today. It seems like he should be around 6 months or so, not a full year. He is such a happy little thing and loving. We started off today with his 1 yr check up and all was well. He weighs 24 lbs and 3.5 oz (72%) , Length was 30 3/4 (80%) and Head was 49cm (98%). He has been on whole milk a few weeks now and is slowly coming around to table food, but he is very picky. Still taking his bottle and has drank from the cup several times, but would prefer the bottle. Also, still refusing to hold anything himself to eat. Lazy!! He has held a bottle 2 times, not kidding here. But he will come around and I have learned boys are totally different than girls at every stage. We are not having a big party this year due to we left Shiloh and originally I was having the party there, but he is having multiple family get togethers beginning tomorrow night.

After the doctors visit we had pictures made and they are so good. I will share when I get them in a few days. Keira is having difficulty adjusting to his birthday and does not like it one bit that it is not her birthday. She pitched a fit wanting her pic taken today and never, ever has wanted it taken so bad before. She doesn't understand that her birthday is next month. She wants to know why her birthday isn't first? Why she isn't getting any presents? However, she did get something today at Wal-Mart after the doctor's visit. I can only imagine what her little thought life is like right now, when it seems like all the attention is on Brock, which isn't true. I guess this is just the beginning to the birthday wars on down the years.

Funny thing happened today. We got home and Keira went home with Mamaw and I had stripped Brock down and went to get something. I got distracted for a moment and finished something in the kitchen, I then came back in the living room and Brock had pooped. Well, it was everywhere! On him, all over the rug, on the couch, and he had taken a bat and obviously was hitting the poop. My dear husband would have gagged and had to left the house. I just laughed, there was my son in his birthday suit, playing in poop. Oh the joys of being a mother. Only my kids could do something like this and it not gross me out.
I thought about getting my camera, but thought I should get him in the tub as quick as possible. What a boy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Renea said...

How funny!! We just can't turn our backs for a second, can we? They are always into something, or at least mine are! Happy Birthday to Brock!! I can't believe how fast it goes.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Brock! I had to laugh at the poop scenario! Connor loves to hit things all over the house with his bat and I can only imagine him doing this with his poop! Ha! Gotta love boys!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Brock!