Thursday, July 12, 2012

March 27, 2012




It has been over 3 months since I last posted anything, wow, time has flown!  I guess you could say that I have been busy.  On the morning of March 27th, we welcomed our 3rd blessing from God - Kylie Shields.  We now feel our family is complete.  Keira, Kylie, and myself all share the day of 27 as birthdays, just different months. Made it easy for this momma to remember. My due date was April 3 and my doctor said, "how about March 27th?"  and I didn't hesitate.  My last post I reported how she was weighing in at over 6 lbs at 36 weeks, and we thought she would be our biggest baby.  Boy, was we wrong.  In our last ultrasound before birth, her weight gain slowed alot.  She came in at a whopping 7 lbs and 9 ounces! HA - my smallest one.  She is perfect! 
The days leading up to having her I was a nervous wreck. My first 2 c-sections were terrible and I was afraid of the upcoming surgery. My platelet levels were dropping and I was concerned.  I had a new dr this time and love, love her!  I also had a cyst that wouldn't go away, they usually develop in pregnancy and go away, well, it kept getting bigger, she may or may not have to remove my ovary. 
March 27th arrives!  Off to the hospital bright and early the hubby and I go. So familiar was the drive, the excitement of greeting our baby, how we had done this 7 yrs earlier with Keira and 5 yrs ago with Brock.  Now, we get the joy of seeing our 2nd daughter, our little surprise.  Time came to prepare for surgery and my anxiety level was high.  I have anxiety over anything medical, even just getting a physical. I always apologize to the staff for being almost in a complete sweat.  My blood pressure always rises, etc. So, naturally, as I was preparing to get cut on, I was worried. I had told my 2 nurses how bad my previous experiences were and we talked about it. The dr decided to do a spinal tap, I had epidurals  before, and man, oh man, was my surgery just the best. I didn't feel a thing! Thank you, Lord!  My platelet levels stayed high enough that it was not a concern and she did end up having to remove my ovary and tube as the cyst had wrapped around them. No problems! Thank you, Lord for watching over us. 
Kylie came out and was beautiful - black hair and it was curly looking, but that didn't last long. Brandon instantly called her, "Betty", after his grandmother b/c she favored her so much. We had family and friends come by all day and evening to see her - too bad I was pretty much out of it, that I can barely recall who all came or what was said. After surgery, I found out they gave me a little something extra, just in case. My dr had told the hubby that she would knock me out if I felt anything.  Again, love her!!  Keira and Brock came and got to meet their new sister. So sweet!
We stayed 2 nights and came to home to begin our new journey as a family of 5!


Photobucket

No comments: