Saturday, September 11, 2010

School Update

Keira is loving kindergarten, even if it is making her tired. But, mommy likes the early bedtimes. Even though she has made new friends, one of the highlights of her days, is playing with her best friend Alyssa, who is in first grade at recess every day. She always talks about this. She still thinks boys are "yucky and gross", but when she was paired with Bo, I have known his mom most of my life, she didn't seem to think he was yucky. She really liked him :) Keira loves her calss, loves PE, music, and pretty much all the specialty subject classes. She eats in the cafeteria every now and then, but takes her lunch moajority of the time. I use to put notes in her lunchbox until she asked me to stop doing that. Guess it embarrased her! The other afternoon I went to our parent-teacher meeting and was surprised at how well she did on testing. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it just kinda shocked me a little how well she did. I know she is bright, but just didn't expect that. Thank goodness she seems to be taking after daddy in her academics. I did good in school, but daddy is the brain in this family. I was told she likes to talk, which was very surprising. Now, if it had been Brock, and I was told this by his teacher, no shock. But, her talking is not a big problem or disruption, and the teacher can "give her a look" as she told me and she gets the message. Guess she is use to the "look" she gets from me. Overall, a very good report and I pray she continues to do well. We are pleased with her teacher, who is on top of everything, and keeps us posted as parents to classroom happenings and what the kids are learning. I like that she is firm with the kids and they have structure and routines. I am a firm believer that kids thrive on structure and routines. Kids want and need this in their lives for many reasons. It is still hard for me some days to grasp that Keira is really in school every day, all day. I miss her so much and Brock really misses her. I am glad she loves school and so glad we decided to go ahead and send her this year.
My little man is loving preschool. He can't wait to go to "his school" as he says. I love that he likes it. Keira cried for 3 months when I left her at preschool, Brock only 2 days. What a differnece and makes it much easier on me. I had a hard time leaving Keira crying, even though I knew she would be fine. Brock is so funny and the teachers fill me in on the things he says at school. At the beginning of school, we would ask who he played with and he always answered "by myself", it was kinda sad. But, he has made friends now and talks about them more. He especially has taken notice of a girl named Hannah. He tells me he chases her on the playground. He loves his teachers and they are wonderful. Brock's lunch is terrible, just junk food, but that is all he will eat. I keep waiting for him to grow out of this stage and eat a variety of food, but he will not. He doesn't even like mac and cheese, potatoes, barely any chicken, pizza, and the list goes on........
We have been so blessed this school year and I look forward to watching my kids grow and learn new things this year.
Photobucket

No comments: