Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My girl begins Kindergarten

On August 9, Daddy and I went with Keira to her first day of Kindergarten. We began in the gym with an orientation and next went to her classroom. I felt like I was signing my child away with all the paperwork. I struggled for sometime about sending her to school or not, especially with her birthday at the end of July. But, in all honesty I was being selfish, deep down I knew she was ready in all areas. Mommy just wanted to hold on for another year and not let go. I am proud of her and how far she has come the past year. She has went from a 3 yr old who cried for 3 months when I dropped her off at preschool 2 days a week and would not get on stage to perform at the end of the year to a child who loves school and happily and willingly performs on stages now. I would not have thought this a yr or so ago. My heart just beams when I see how she has "grown" up. She is still quiet and shy around new people, but she comes by it honest. I am the same way.
Keira has been going to school half a day now for almost 2 weeks. Beginning Aug. 24 all the kids stay the entire day. Seems like so much for these little guys, I know she will be tired. She loves her teacher and I got cracked up this week. I was in the kitchen and she set up "school" in the living room. I came in to see what was going on. She had put on a dress with a white jacket over it and flip-flops. Well, it struck me that she had dressed just like her teacher. I remembered seeing the teacher dressed like this as I waited in the car riders line. So funny! She had 4 students and asked me to be their mom and to pick up 2 half a day and the others stayed all day. Love her!!
Keira is taking her lunch to school, but did eat last Friday, it was pizza day. I wish I could walk her in everday, but I can't. I understand why, but the mommy in me just wants to make sure she gets to the right place. I know she is fine and all, but I just like having that assurance.
Time flies and I am so thankful that the Lord and my hubby have allowed me to stay at home with her the past 5 yrs. I wouldn't trade all the moments, good and bad, for the time I have spent with her. Keira, I hope you have a wonderful year and I look forward to our journey in Kindergarten together. Mommy loves you more than all the stars in the sky!!

No comments: