Saturday, September 26, 2009

Keira's First Soccer Practice

Keira had her first soccer practice Friday evening. We had to go earlier that day and buy shinguards, socks, and a ball. Brock got a mini basketball, which he thought was a soccer ball, and I sure am not going to argue about that with him. It doesn't matter right now anyway! So, off to practice we go and Brock took his "soccer ball" also and wanted to participate. He tried to do everything they did. I think I counted 5 girls and 5 boys. We will not be playing actual games this year, instead they will learn skills and then scrimmage the last 20-30 minutes in practice each week.
Keira seemed to enjoy practice and didn't act shy or embarrased like she use to. I really think she has turned a corner. However, on the way to practice, she commented "I don't want to play because I am allergic to boys and grass." This is her new favorite saying, being allergic to boys, something her and her pre-school friends have come up with. I really don't know much about soccer at all, I had to teach some basic skills in PE, but never played. I made a big goof with her attire, as I put the shinguards on over the socks, and then realized my mistake once we arrived, so I had to redo all that. I will be learning the game of soccer right along with her and Brock!
Photobucket

No comments: