Thursday, September 03, 2009

2009 Alzheimer's Walk

After the passing of my grandmother in January, this years Alzheimer Walk was just different. I didn't try and raise money this year, my heart just wasn't in it. I didn't have the get up and go about it. Not that this reason is a valid excuse. It is almost like a little of the "fight" to beat this disease kinda left when Mamaw Duncan was gone. Not that I will not support this cause anymore, it was just hard this year. Our family all showed up at the event in Oak Ridge, but did not do the walk. There was so many kids activities this yr and demonstrations going on. Keira and Brock had a good time doing all the activities and I had a hard time getting Brock away from the football throw and beanbag toss. He kept cutting line and would have stayed in that spot all morning.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

I can understand how difficult this year must have been. Looks like you guys had fun and I am sure your grandmother would have been proud!