Saturday, December 18, 2010

New tradition

Friday evening we had some friends come over (we missed you guys that couldn't come) to celebrate Jesus. We had a birthday party in honor of Jesus. We ate, did some crafts, and then I told the story of Jesus by wrapping "gifts" and letting the kids open them as we got to that part of the story. I went thru the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
We also made up gift baskets for 7 widows. The other moms and I want to establish giving to others early in our kids. So much of our lives are focused on self and the world tells us that is ok. I don't want my kids to be selfish, my desire is that they want to share Jesus with everyone they come in contact with.
We had a wonderful evening and my kids love nothing more than having friends over. Sunday, we plan on giving the baskets out and I hope the kids enjoy this part, too!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a great idea!