Sunday, December 05, 2010

Keira's first Nutcracker

Love, love the mice!! They are so cute !!
My little girl making her debut in the Nutcracker!
We just wrapped up this afternoon Keira's first experience being in the Nutcracker. She loved it! I can't believe this is my little girl, on stage, who a yr ago never would have done something like this. She even told me "I can't stop smiling on stage." Keira wanted to be in the party scene, but I thought it best to only do one part this year, as this is all new to our family. After auditions in late Sept. the rehearsals begin in early October. So, the dancers and staff put hard work into this production. The show is performed Thursday-Sunday. The week before the show begins, they rehearse every single night. You think the kids would be tired of it, but they love it.
Honestly, I was not a fan of ballet, but once I sat and watched all this rehearsal and just how talented these girls are, I couldn't help but grow an appreciation for ballet. I have enjoyed learning about dance the past couple yrs and look forward to the spring recital already!
Keira was blessed to have all her grandparents, her 88yr great grandfather, some aunts, cousins, uncles, and special friends come watch her. I hope she realizes how loved she is!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

I loved doing the Nutcracker when I was young! I so looked forward to this time of year. I still have all of my costumes! I love my boys but I wish that I would be able to experience this with a little girl. Oh well, I guess my days will be spent at the ball park! :)