Monday, February 01, 2010

Snow Days!!

Brock probably thinking about last time he sled! Story below...
Ready to hit Mamaw with a snowball
I took these pics on Sunday, should have took some on Saturday, but we were just to busy playing. Sunday, some of the snow was already gone, but the kids still got to sled.
Friday as soon as the snow began to fall, they wanted to go outside, so we did. Brandon was home saturday, thankfully his office closed for the day. We had a wonderful weekend!!
Sat. the snow was more of an icy/sludge mix. We go outside to sled. Brandon went around back to start a fire in the pit and the kids and I go to the neighbors yard, the hill is steeper. Brock is the first to sled and he takes off like a bullet. Not joking! I am at the bottom close to our driveway to catch him, Papaw and Mamaw Leffew have just come down the road in the truck and witness the entire scene, so picture this: I notice he is going rather fast and I prepare myself to get him, I am ready, just catch him, I tell myself. Here he comes, a little bullet on a saucer, hands are in position, but..............he shoots right through my hands bewtween my legs and is heading for the driveway, which leads to the road, which leads to another slope, and another slope, to the woods. Oh No!! I turn, in all my gear and run, you know how it feels like you can't move in the big boots and layers, well that is how I felt anyways. It all happenes so fast! I think he slowed a little when he hit the driveway which enabled me to catch up to him. Thank you Lord for protecting him!! He is screaming, I am laughing now. You can only imagine how the grandparents felt watching this.......thankfully, we all can laugh now and it was a funny scene. Brandon missed the entire epsiode.
Keira's turn! I don't want to make the same mistake as before, so I basically tackled her, which lead to my knee connecting with her forehead/side of her head. So, she is crying hard. Needless to say, she doesn't want me to catch her again. I wonder if any of our neighbors saw all this. LOL!! I know Mr. Pryor did, he was on his steps shoveling snow.
After all this, Daddy caught them. Papaw and Daddy shoveled our entire driveway and then we went inside. We ended up going to Turkey Creek and ate at Pei Wei (love this place) and shopped a little.
Sunday, we had another wonderful day at home, eating, watching basketball, playing outside and we all pitched in to help clear the yard of the tress we had cut the other day. Well, the kids didn't last long.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tothblog said...

Oh, that is too funny!

Kristen