Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa pic

Never would I have imagined we would get a picture taken with Santa. We haven't had these pictures done since each child was a baby and didn't know what was happening. We had to pass Santa in the mall to our next destination and I was waiting for the usaul crying and "I want to go home" that happens. But, we stopped and let the kids look at Santa from a short distance. Then, Keira decides she wants to go see him and sit in his lap. Mamaw and I were shocked, pretty much speechless. So, off we go! Keira is so excited, Brock not so much. The helper tells the kids if Santa knows their names, they are on the nice list. Keira climbs up to his lap, Brock is running away, not happy, not wanting anything to do with Santa. I still can't beleive what I am witnessing with my first born. This is huge for her, she overcame a fear this afternoon. Santa knows their names, which delights her even more. Brock could care less, he just wants to leave. So, Mamaw suggests (forces) I get in the picture with Santa and the kids. The only way little man is going to get in the pic is this way. So, the picture shows the rest of the story. Good times!
We got to have lunch with daddy and then went to the Groovy Pad and played and made our first gingerbread house. The kids had such a good time. I wish I had taken my camera, but I usually don't haul the big one around. I need to put my point and shoot in my purse. Brock dressed up as a dinosaur and was so cute, and Keira put on princess attire and served Mamaw and I tea. Keira got her make-up and nails done, while Brock got tattoos. They enjoyed the Groovy Pad and Keira is excited about going back this Saturday morning for a friends birthday party. The life of a pre-schooler!!
Photobucket

No comments: