Monday, December 21, 2009

Keira's First Basketball Game

Keira had her very first game this past Saturday. She was so excited! Her team name is Tarheels. She is in the 4-6 yr old age group. I think she is the only 4yr old on her team. Only 2 girls on the team. She has only had 2 practices so far and loves it. Getting a practice shot in before the game begins. Keira had 19 fans to watch her play. Not kidding. We are so blessed to have such a supportive family on both sides. Her great-grandfather Duncan came and he was loved it. He said "This is better than watching high school" and he would know, he has attended so many in his life. Still goes to them.
Brandon got asked to run the clock. Brock was running around being silly, I think he was excited over all the family. I couldn't help but smile while watching my little girl play. She was so cute. She didn't touch the ball much, but still seemed to enjoy the game. The one time she got a rebound, her fan base erupted. Brandon was opposite all of us and he said it was so loud. LOL!! We all cheered her on and she was able to attempt one shot. Even though they don't keep score in this league, her team won 6-0. If you know me, you know I have to keep score. HA!! Can't help it, it is that competitive side. Plus, I wasn't the only Duncan keeping up with it, I heard some others saying it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tothblog said...

Go Keira! What a lucky little girl to have so many fans.

Merry Christmas!