Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ready for the beach!


Keira decided to try on a bathing suit while I went through my swim drawer. And by the way, I do not wear this suit anymore, I only kept it as a reminder of how little I once was and I convinced myself I could get back down to this size in a short amount of time, truth is no more bikinis!!
I have finally accepted that I will never be this size again and that once you go through a pregnancy or more than once, that your body (or belly) will never be the same. And I have noticed after a c-section your skin is just a piece of flab since they had to cut all the way through and I currently wonder if this part can ever be reduced without a surgerical procedure. So maybe that could be a 10th wedding anniversary present from my hubby :) Yeah right!!! So now I have to go shopping for a granny suit or maybe I should just wear my maternity suits I still have.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Clifton Family said...

How funny... don't we all still have that ONE bathing suit that we keep just for the 'memories?' That is too funny. At least one day Keira may be able to wear yours... I doubt my boys will want mine!

Tara said...

That is too funny! I love that picture. I understand totally about the belly flab that comes with the C-section. I am not sure mine will ever go away. Maybe our hubbys WILL be nice and pay for "some work" one day!

Tothblog said...

Sister, I am right there with you! My bikini days are long gone. I told Marty that I'm not having a 3rd baby unless it comes with a tummy tuck and diamond earrings.