Thursday, October 25, 2012

Color Me Rad 5K




On October 6, I ran my first first 5K in 2 yrs. I had not gotten to run as often as I would like, but with baby, time is short, especially since she wakes up often through the night and early mornings. I would love to get up at 5 or 6 and go run while the family is asleep, but, that is just not happening right now. So, I run during morning nap, which is a power nap, and I run up and down our driveway, which is inclined. Every now and then, the hubby will watch the kids so I can go to the trail and run. Did I mention every now and then? HA  My friend, Renea and I went to the color run. Proceeds went to Children's Hospital. This was the best race to do, no timing, no pressure run, just fun for all ages, runners and walkers. But, Renea and I ran the entire way, we can't help it, it is just in us to do that.  We only stopped at the color stations and that was well worth it!  If this race comes back next year, I promised the kids they could do this. 
I have another 5K Nov 3, and let's just say I am way behind in the running department. But, if I can run at least 2 miles a few times, I will make it. That is what I did in the color run. May not be a personal record with time, but, at least I am trying. 

Photobucket

No comments: