Monday, June 13, 2011

Brock's 4th birthday





My sweet Brock turned 4 on June 11.  I can hardly believe it!  God blessed us with this special little boy, who brings so much joy to us.  He is loving, kind, and tender hearted.  I pray that he grows to be a man of God and puts Christ first in his life.  I love our little talks about heaven and why this or that happens. Sometimes, I don't have the answers, but try to explain as best I can and that only God knows why, etc.  I love this little boy and am dreading the day I have to send him to Kindergarten.  I so cherish our days together and can't imagine not having him at home with me. 
Saturday morning, Keira and I sang happy birthday to Brock as soon as he woke up.  He loved his bedroom door that I had decorated and he was just thrilled about his big day.  Daddy took both kids fishing and Papaw joined them.  That evening, the grandparents came over and we had cupcakes and ice cream.  He opened gifts, played pin the tail on the donkey, played with his new toys, and simply just enjoyed celebrating his turning 4.  We had a great evening and if I had not already booked a party in a few weeks, I would just do this simple party for the kids at home and forget all the rest of the stressing, running around getting things, food, etc for a bigger party. The simple things in life...............
Photobucket

No comments: