Friday, January 14, 2011

A week of no school

We have a had a week of no school and I really did not know what to expect from the kids, since we would be stuck at home all week due to the snow. Brandon had to drive my vehicle to work everyday and no way was I attempting to get out in it. But, the kids have been wonderful. They have played so well together and I would hear them calling each other "best friend." Made me smile! Keira did miss school, but she enjoyed being at home. This is a girl who loves going to school. Of course, we played in the snow and sled 3 days, by the 3rd day it was icy and they went to fast for me, so I was done with that. Last year, I missed Brock once and it scared me because he was going so fast. We have played everything from Barbie, cars, monster trucks, beauty shop, board games, wii games, read books, and so on. Thankfully, Thursday evening we got to go to Cracker Barrell and then went to Keira's basketball practice, she was so thrilled they had it. The kids are out again Monday for an in-service day, so I am thinking we may have to go to an indoor play facility to burn some energy and let them run. Brock on the other hand is loving that he has not been to school in almost 2 weeks. The Thursday before all the snow came, it had snowed a little and Keira was on 2 hr delay, so I just kept Brock home since his school wouldn't start till 11 and then gets out at 2. He would prefer to stay at home anyway. He doesn't cry when I leave him, but he lets me know that school is "yucky and boring."
In the above pictures, we started out with 1 tent and ended up having to put up another, as each wanted their own. It got a little wild! A good week!
Photobucket

No comments: